Friday, September 11, 2009

September May

Welcome to my page. I am a 47-year-old heterosexual woman living independently in Toronto who has long been a fan of older women. There is a beauty, intelligence and inherent eroticism that only an older woman can embody, and there is a very particular breed of men out there who “get” it.

I am deeply committed to helping to change how older women are perceived in North America, and to dispeling the stigma around aging. I am not so much interested in the stereotype of the cougar, or of 40-something women trying to look and act like 20 or 30-somethings – unless it is part of a bigger discussion on aging or sexuality in our culture. I am interested in the authentic older woman.

Any conversation, public or private, that engages these topics are ones I am eager to participate in. The sensuality and wisdom of older women is something younger women can only dream of, and I challenge anyone who suggests that this is merely romantic idealism.

3 comments:

TDB said...

Great idea....I am 46 and my marriage ended 8 years ago. He is now 39. I've dated primarily younger, 12 years is my limit. More recently I'd say I'm comfortable with someone late 30's to 43. Tried older...no good for me.

Jeffrie Ann said...

I like what you are saying here, Jesse. I agree with you 100%, as a woman of 53. I will admit that I do try to take care of myself so I look and feel as young and fresh as I feel inside. However, I will never look 20 or 30 again and I don't care. I want to look and feel the best I can for the age I am. I do this by practicing and teaching Pilates as well as being an advocate of scientifically base skin care. I was an Esthetican for many years and skin care has remained a big area of interest for me.So I also have a skin care business. Just not doing facials in a spa any longer. I will be checking in here to see how this site/blog builds! I wish you luck and much success!
Jeffrie Ann (Over40SkinDiva on Twitter)

brendapo said...

How wonderful that you will celebrate in the real essence of a woman. I am 47 and my husband was 10½ years younger than me. We had a fantastic marriage and relationship. I always went out with older guys as I was not interested in having kids. Well that was before I met my husband Ole. But my wonderful, handsom man died 4 years past a month before his 33rd birthday. I loved him with all my heart and still do. You can check out my blog at http://www.passionateresultsforlovers.com/blog
People ALWAYS commented on our love and relationship. If you would ever like to talk more about our relationship, please let me know. Again, thank you for celebrating the wonders of being a mature woman. It definitely has many perks. All the best.
Passionate regards....Brenda